The user’s guide is in the works. In the mean time, if you have any questions, feel free to ask!
- On the iPad, rotate your device to change the view. While holding it in the portrait orientation, you can tap the button in the top right navigation bar to open a popover menu.
- The Blue-White-Red bar with the star shows a legislator’s partisanship in roll call votes.
- On some devices, it may take a few seconds to generate a legislator’s historical voting chart. However, once generated, this chart is cached on your device so that the next time you view that legislator it will load quickly.
- If you experience problems with loading charts, or if the data seems corrupted, you can reset TexLege by using the Settings application (the one with the gear icon), and scrolling down to the TexLege icon. Activate the appropriate reset switch, then open the TexLege application again. Contact me if you run into difficulty.
- Tap and hold on an area in the map window to drop a purple pin. This will determine the senate and house districts for that location. Tap and hold on the purple pin to pick it up and move it to another location, to load another set of districts.
- Tap the multi-pin button in the map window to drop color-coded pins on the map for every senate and house district in the state. Touch on any of these red or blue pins to show the boundary for that district.
- Use the search feature in the map window to find the legislative districts for a given street address or zip code.
- Due to limited memory on most iOS devices, many advanced map features are only available in the main District Maps tab.
- Once you’ve located a committee meeting of interest, on devices with iOS 4 or later, you can touch the blue disclosure button in the event list to add that meeting to your iCal calendar. The duration of the meeting is just my guess, meetings may run longer or shorter. Unfortunately, TexLege cannot update any meeting events you’ve stored in your iCal calendar with subsequent meeting cancellations or locate/time changes, so you should double-check the schedule periodically.